My post-doc position is in close collaboration with Bell Labs, Nokia and aims at delivering the work programme outlined in the Applications of Evolutionary Design (App'ED) project. App'ED aims to bring us closer to automated design tools inspired by the natural world. The tools will be applied to optimise Future Networks & Communications such as 5G networks.
I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland. My Ph.D. topic is Multi-objective Optimisation of Large Scale Data Centres: I applied multi-objective meta- heuristics to satisfy complex requirements of capital allocators.
- Takfarinas Saber, Multi-objective Virtual Machine Reassignment for Large Scale Data Centres , School of Computer Science, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Keynote, Multi-Objective VM Reassignment For Large Scale Data Centres, The 1st International Workshop on Sustainable Data Centres and Cloud Computing (S3DC), 2015. Slides
- Best Paper Nomination at the 21st European Conference on Genetic Programming, for the paper "Multi-level grammar genetic programming for scheduling in heterogeneous networks".
- Best score in Ireland at the extended round of the Google HashCode, with the design of an algorithm to optimise the placement of videos on cache servers in order to reduce the overall endpoint request latency, 2017.
- 3rd prize (€1000) at the 1st edition of Chainhack: The biggest Blockchain Hackathon in Europe with a project called "Open Charity", a safe, decentralized system allowing to issue IOUs ("I Owe You" tokens) for the benefit of Charity, 2015.
- Takfarinas Saber, David Brevet, Goetz Botterweck and Anthony Ventresque, Is seeding a good strategy in multi-objective feature selection when feature models evolve?, Information and Software Technology (IST), 2017. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, James Thorburn, Liam Murphy and Anthony Ventresque, VM Reassignment in Hybrid Clouds for Large Decentralised Companies: a Multi-objective Challenge, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), 2017. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Joao Marques-Silva, James Thorburn and Anthony Ventresque, Exact and hybrid solutions for the multi-objective VM reassignment problem, International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools (IJAIT), 2017. Paper
- Hilmi Egemen Ciritoglu, Takfarinas Saber, Teodora Sandra Buda, John Murphy, and ChristinaThorpe, Towards a better replica management for hadoop distributed file system, IEEE BigData Congress, 2018. Paper (Coming soon)
- Takfarinas Saber, Florian Delavernhe, Mike Papadakis, Michael O’Neill, and Anthony Ventresque, A hybrid algorithm for multi-objective test case selection, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), 2018. Paper (Coming soon)
- Best Paper Nomination: Takfarinas Saber, David Fagan, David Lynch, Stepan Kucera, Holger Claussen, and Michael ONeill, Multi-level grammar genetic programming for scheduling in heterogeneous networks, European Conference on Genetic Programming (EuroGP), 2018. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, David Brevet, Goetz Botterweck and Anthony Ventresque, Preliminary Study of Multi-objective Features Selection for Evolving Software Product Lines, International Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering (SSBSE), 2016. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Anthony Ventresque, Ivona Brandic, James Thorburn and Liam Murphy, Towards a multi-objective vm reassignment for large decentralised data centres, IEEE/ACM 8th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), 2015. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Anthony Ventresque, Joao Marques-Silva, James Thorburn and Liam Murphy, MILP for the Multi-objective VM Reassignment Problem, IEEE 27th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI), 2015. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Anthony Ventresque, Liam Murphy and El-Ghazali Talbi, Multi-Objective VM Reassignment for the Enterprise, The 5th International Conference on Metaheuristics and Nature Inspired Computing (META), 2014. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Anthony Ventresque, Xavier Gandibleux and Liam Murphy, Genepi: A multi-objective machine reassignment algorithm for data centres, The 9th International Workshop on Hybrid Metaheuristics (HM), 2014. Paper
- Takfarinas Saber, Anthony Ventresque and John Murphy, Rothar: Real-time on-line traffic assignment with load estimation, IEEE/ACM 17th International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT), 2013. Paper
This page contains personal archived (pre-print versions) articles published by IEEE, ACM, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley and other publishers. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works, must be obtained from the copyright holder.